Under the HRTMCC, even committees pertinent with the eight core human rights treaties coordinate all member organizations for the treaty monitoring purpose. The coordinators are nominated by the General Assembly and are responsible to coordinate for the monitoring and implementation of treaties under their mandates. Eight committees and its coordinating organisations are listed below.
Role and Duties of the Committees:
- The committees will coordinate all the members of the committees on the purpose of collecting information, documenting and making draft of the report.
- Develop action plan in consultation with the Secretariat for executing overall activities as planned in the project.
- Implementation of the project activities in consultation with the secretariat.
- Consultation with Secretariat for conducting project activities. If activities are to be performed with the resource of committees from the project, the secretariat will prepare budgeting for this purpose.
- Taking part in the meetings/trainings/interactions as organized by Secretariat or by the other committees as well.
- Reporting and information sharing on the updated activities carried out on treaty monitoring.
- Forwarding names of new organisations to the HRTMCC for membership.
- Committees will encourage its members to participate in other committees in the time of report writing.
- Take part in the fact-finding, investigation carried out by HRTMCC.
- Committees will meet quarterly with its concerned member organizations.
Contact Details of Committee Coordinating Organisations
ICCPR Committee Coordinator
International Institute for Human Rights, Environnent and Developpent (INHURED International)
P.O.Box : 12684
Ceasefire House, Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur-2, Nepal
Tel: 977-1- 5520054/5547616
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
ICESCR Committee Coordinator
Rural ReconstructionÂ NepalÂ (RRN)
P.O.Box : 8130
Tel: 977-1-4004976 / 4004985
Fax: 977-1-4004508 /4443494
CEDAW Committee Coordinator
Beyond Beijing Committee (BBC)
P. O. Box 4690
Tel: 977-1-5530880, 5010625, Fax: 977-1-5530880
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
CRC Committee Coordinator
Child Nepal (CN)
CRPD Committee Coordinator
National Federation of Disabled-Nepal (NFDN)
Bhritikuti Mandap, Kathmandu, Nepal